Sunday 22 February 2015

INKspired Blog Hop - Stippled Blossoms


Another very happy 80th Birthday!

Hi Bloggers and welcome back hoppers! You would have hopped in this week from Cherie Davies who like me has been busy renovating her craft room!

I am joining you this hop from the Beautiful Whitianga NZ to celebrate my Husband's Grandmother's 80th Birthday!
I know I have got it rough!


So I had to be a little more organised this hop lol... BUT this card had to be finished BEFORE I started packing... NO card NO holiday lol!

I spent all of Wednesday night creating this card. Then Thursday morning I finished it off with a matching envelope, so the packing started two hours before we were due to leave!
I had to get my priorities right!

This was another very special card for a very special lady who is very dear to me... 
Granny Helen.

I have known Helen for almost 18 years. The very first time I met Helen was the night of my own Nanna's funeral so I was very emotional that day but meeting Helen and her husband Don that night was very comforting and I will cherish that day for the rest of my life.

Now to the card, I was looking forward to this card as I had a great idea in mind and the sketch this hop worked out to be perfect... a Tri Fold card!


Helen's home in NZ is surrounded with a beautiful garden which is always in bloom, which was the inspiration for this card. 
The Stippled Blossom stamp set is a set that I bought a while back but hadn't used it yet, it was waiting for a special card.

To get this stamp right you really need a 
stamp-a-ma-jig!
You just cannot eyeball it... I tried... Many times!
Once I got the hang of it I couldn't stop!

Colours used were Blushing Bride, Rose Red & Crumb Cake.
I used the DSP from the Colour Selections paper stack and used the Venetian Crochet Trim (which was brand new hiding in my ribbon drawer)

The tri fold design was just dividing an A4 sheet into 8ths and scoring the 1/8th mark and 5/8th mark then I added a 2 inch (or 6cm) piece of crumb cake to overlap.






Here is the inside... Mikki's first comment (before I had finished was that the inside was plain... So I had to fix that :)


Thanks for stopping by again! Next up is the very talented Lissa I am looking forward to seeing her creation!



Until next time... 

Kabrina xx

P.S. Not forgetting to mention....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELEN!
We are so happy to be here in NZ celebrating this milestone with you!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous card, well done on getting your priorities right. Enjoy NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE Love this! So utterly gorgeous, both the fold, colour scheme and sentiment behind your making this card for Granny Helen. Enjoy your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I do love that stamp set. Enjoy NZ and happy birthday to Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, Kabrina. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card as always. Granny Helen is definitely going to love that one. Enjoy your holiday. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Granny Helen, you deserve a very happy 80th with all your family.....I told Kabrina next time she has to take me! :)
    OMG Kabrina...you blow me away with your talent. To say I LOVE this card would be an understatement. The tri-fold style is beautiful and how the elegance of the front flows into the inside is nothing short of stunning. I'm so glad you got your priorities right and made this card instead of packing!
    Missing you, see you when you get back. LouLou xo

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com